+ Technical specification
+ System of production of the fulfilled gases
+ cooling System
+ Fuel tank and fuel pump
- Air filter and airintaking channels
Removal of a replaceable element of the air filter
Purge of a replaceable element of the air filter
Replacement of a replaceable element of the air filter
Heating of inlet air
Heating of an inlet collector
Inlet collector with changeable length of a path
+ injection System
+ Transmission and transmission
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Brake system
+ Anti-blocking system of brakes
+ Wheels and tires
+ Body electrosystem
+ ignition System
+ Signalling devices
+ Devices and auxiliary devices
+ Heating and ventilation
+ body Elements
+ Search of malfunctions
Heating of inlet air
The device of automatic heating of inlet air is on the entrance party of the case of the air filter. Its task – to support the necessary air temperature, soaked up by the engine.
It is important for the following reason: in cold weather gas mixture is formed better if inlet air moves the warmed-up. However at more high external temperatures giving the warmed-up air is not necessary previously to the engine: the same amount of warm air has bigger volume, than cold. As the engine can let in only certain amount of air, at the included preliminary heating of inlet air he receives less air and gas mixture becomes reenriched, the expense raises. So the preliminary heating is necessary for uniform operation of the engine only at low temperatures.
Models with 4-cylinder engines: small engines have a vacuum regulation of preliminary heating of inlet air. Depression gathers at the engine behind a butterfly valve and affects the membrane mechanism of a vacuum regulator of an advancing of ignition which in turn opens the valve of heating of inlet air in an inlet branch pipe of the air filter.
In the vacuum pipeline conducting to the valve of warmed-up air, in the case of the air filter the temperature regulator interrupting free passing in this sleeve if the temperature of external air reached temperature from +35 to +45°С (Mono-Motronic) or +20 to +30°С (Digifant) is in addition included.
- Models with 5-and 6-cylinder engines: at these engines the valve of heating of inlet air copes via the thermostat providing full access of warm air at – 20°C. At the raising temperature the valve slowly is closed, until then while it at +5°C will not block completely access of warm air.
If the heating of inlet air does not function how should, it is fraught with operation disturbances. In the winter:
- Bad operation of the engine after start during the so-called period of warming up.
- The engine works roughly, with interruptions.
In a warm season:
- In insufficient capacity, it is impossible to gather the maximum speed.
- The increased fuel consumption.
Check of heating of inlet air
Models with 4-cylinder engines
- The temperature regulator is in the case of the air filter. Its tips of sleeves are available at the engine with system of injection of Mono-Motronic from the bottom party of the air filter.
- To disconnect a sleeve from a brass tip, or a tip with a mark.
- Mouth strongly to involve air from a sleeve: the zaslonka of hot air should open or be closed with a sound.
- If it did not occur: to check the valve on ease of a course, a sleeve and the membrane mechanism of a vacuum regulator of an advancing of ignition on tightness.
- Then to check a temperature regulator. At check air temperature should be lower +20°C.
- To remove a sleeve tip to an air zaslonka at a temperature regulator or at the valve of hot air.
- To remove a sleeve tip to the engine on the block of preparation of gas mixture or on the case of throttle knot.
- Mouth strongly to involve air from a sleeve: the sleeve should be "passable".
- The hair dryer to warm up a temperature regulator to more 45°C. Again strongly to involve air from a sleeve: now it should be closed.
- Otherwise to replace a temperature regulator.
Models with 5-and 6-cylinder engines
- To remove an air inlet sleeve behind a headlight cap
- To look in a sleeve branch pipe, if necessary to illuminate a small lamp.
- Depending on ambient temperature (see the previous section) the air zaslonka should close access of cold or hot air.
After removal of a sleeve of supply of air at the 5-cylinder engine the valve (2) of preliminary heating of inlet air is visible. At once near it the thermoelement (1) setting it in motion is located. The position (3) shows the sleeve of warmed-up air conducting to a final collector.
At the left: on an illustration the case of the air filter removed and postponed in a motor compartment is shown. The membrane mechanism of a vacuum regulator of an advancing of ignition with a zaslonka of hot air (2) will turn out from the filter case, the vacuum sleeve (shooter) is still connected:
1–inlet branch pipe of cold air;
3–sleeve of warm air.
On the right: the temperature regulator (2) heatings of inlet air is located at the engine in capacity of 85 kW in a cover of the case of the air filter. The position (1) designates the vacuum sleeve suitable from the engine.