+ Technical specification
+ System of production of the fulfilled gases
+ cooling System
+ Fuel tank and fuel pump
+ Air filter and airintaking channels
+ injection System
+ Transmission and transmission
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Brake system
+ Anti-blocking system of brakes
- Wheels and tires
Wide tires and wheels
Pressure check in tires
Control of a condition of tires
Control of an inhaling of wheel bolts
Balancing of wheels
Purchase of new tires
+ Body electrosystem
+ ignition System
+ Signalling devices
+ Devices and auxiliary devices
+ Heating and ventilation
+ body Elements
+ Search of malfunctions
Control of a condition of tires
Similar control is best of all for making at the lifted car, for example at oil replacement on filling.
- Completely turn each wheel.
- Such as small stones you can clean alien bodies from cuts of a profile of a protector by means of a narrow screw-driver, without having damaged thus the tire.
- According to instructions, since 1992 depth of a profile of tires should make on all width of at least 1,6 mm.
- For safety reasons you should change tires already at wear to 3 mm because wide tires Audi 80 "float" on a wet road surfacing earlier, than narrower tires of old automodels.
- For control of wear eminences serve in flutes of drawing of the protector, passing through regular intervals perpendicularly to a protector racetrack. They are designated on боковине tires by the letters "TWI" (tread wear indicator – an indicator of wear of a profile).
- If these eminences are flush with flutes of drawing of a profile, means, the residual profile makes 1,6 mm and the tire needs to be changed immediately.
- By the form wear of a profile you can understand a lot of things, the description in the following section.
Picture of wear of the tire
- Forward tires, more worn-out on outer side, are not something unusual in Audi 80. The reason is the raised loading of this area of a racetrack when passing turns.
- Unilaterally worn-out tires, however, can indicate and the wrong adjustment of corners of installation of wheels, especially if only one tire is worn-out thus.
- Strong wear in the middle of the tire indicates the overestimated pressure. This effect is especially appreciable on back wheels. Or you go by high speed because of what the racetrack is brief much.
- If on both outer sides of the tire the profile is worn-out more strongly, than in the middle, means, pressure of air in tires was a long time too low.
- Non-uniform, spots, wear of a profile of the tire indicates the defective shock-absorber.
- If non-uniform wear appears only on certain places, means, a wheel not otbalansirovano or the tire framework is damaged.
- The one and only place with strong wear of a profile was formed as a result of braking with the blocked wheel, so-called «a brake mark» (only at the models which have not been equipped with ABS).
Help: if it is necessary to remove the serviceable wheel balanced on the car – for example, for control of a condition of brakes, before it it should be noted the provision of a nave of a wheel. Otherwise after repeated installation of a wheel balancing will be wrong.